Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crock Pot Creation #3

Yeah, tuesday I completely forgot to crock pot for hubby and the kids. They managed though, nobody was starving!

Chicken and Vegetables (can you tell I'm starting with the easy stuff?)
by Jeanne Heyerly in Chenoa, IL
(2 servings)

2 medium potatoes, quartered
2-3 carrots, sliced
2 frozen chicken breasts, or 2 frozen drumstick/thigh pieces
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 cups shredded cabbage
16oz. can chicken broth

Directions

1. Place potatoes and carrots in slow cooker. Layer chicken on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic. Top with cabbage. Carefully pour chicken broth around edges.

2. Cover. Cook on Low 8-9 hours.

My weird methods:
This one I definitely doctored up a bit because it was only made for two servings!
I put 3 chicken breasts instead of two. I did not use cabbage because I don't think the boys would've liked that. I used 3 potates, 2 carrots, and 3 garlic cloves, and an extra splash of chicken broth.

Hubby and Kids Thoughts:
Hubby said it needed more seasoning. Kids ate it. Both said it was alright, but nothing fantastic.
So we'll see if we attempt this one in the future!

5 comments:

Khadra

I cooked frozen chicken in the crock pot yesterday too. I added water and a dry soup mix to it and cooked all day. We had it with pasta and veggies.

Claremont First Ward

Um......I love new crock pot recipes. Over from SITS. Hope you have a great week.

Beth

Showin' some SITS love!!

I love crock pot stuff. Throw N Go!

Can't get any better than that!!

Happy Monday!

natalie

Just got a crockpot yesterday so I'll be expecting to see more of these recipes ;)

Danyele Easterhaus

good one...i do little crock pot wonders like this all the time! i might have to do this one tonight!

Blogger template 'Colorfull' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008