Monday, July 21, 2008

Dead Animal

From the mouths of babes, as they say.

(Leaving the grocery store)
Owen: (scrunching face) "Mommy! I think Cole pooped!"

Me: (rolling eyes) "Fabulous."(Looking at Cole) "You couldn't wait until we got home?!"

(Get to car, unload, and proceed to do a diaper check)

Me: "Cole...did you poop?"

Cole: "Nooooooo...."

Me: (peeking down the back of his diaper, seeing nothing) "Owen. He didn't poop."

Owen: "Well he must have had a stinky fart! It smelled like something crawled up his butt and died!"

Photobucket
Me: (head down, laughing, tears rolling down the face) "Owen!"

Owen starts repeating what he said.

Me: "Owen! I know mommy's laughing, but we don't say that!"

Owen: "Why? You're laughing!"

Me: "I know. It was funny at first, but we don't say things like that. It's bad manners."

Owen: "Oh, okay."


*Note to self: talk to husband about what he says around the boys. God knows what else will be said!

8 comments:

The Red Headed Mama

Ah yes, gotta love it! At least you were at the car and not in line! :)

Kristin

LOL that is too funny!!!! I love the things that kids say...it just makes me smile so big!

Fifty K

LOL. Too funny.

andrea

oh kids! hilarious....

Anonymous

I love it! You got a little comedian, huh?

Karol

The sad thing is, is that Carl couldn't deny it! He completely owned that one!

JenM

I love it!

Jen

LOL. MY son does that same thing. He picks up all kinds of colorful language from my hubby (not me of course). I always laugh at him and this means that he will not stop repeating it.
Awesome.

Came by way of SITS.

Blogger template 'Colorfull' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008